There are ten fetters.
What are they ? / what is the experience here ?
1. Self view / Recognize existence of self story. No actual Self recognized.
2. Doubt and perplexity / Doubt thoughts don’t occur anymore.
3. Attachment to rites and rituals / Certainly no rites. Plenty of ritualistic behaviour. (brushing teeth, wiping bum, hitting golf balls ad infinitum)
4. Sensual desire / don’t know about this one.
5. Ill will / not part of the DNA to wish ill. Have done so on a couple of occasions many years ago.
6. Fixation regarding form / Form is in the eye of the beholder. What can be fixated on ?
7. Fixation regarding the formless / Formless is in the head of the formlessee…
8. Conceit/over-estimation that “I Exist” / Ha, If there is any answer to this one, it is still part of the great mystery. No opinion (or conceit)
9. Restlessness and compensation / Nah. Pretty relaxed about what ‘life serves up’.
10. Ignorance / First thing that comes to mind is that i don’t know what it is that i don’t know. ..but that’s a load of shit. Investigations here is that ‘to know’ is actually to believe.
Knowledge (information) is concept that may or may not be accurate. Depends on perspective. Therefore there is no knowing. So yes, ignorance prevails.
4… Just like the separate “self”, desire and ill will are beliefs: we believe there is something about us that responds to and interprets what is happening, and necessarily leads to the push and pull of reactions.
The ten fetters from which we can break free are: 1. Self- view 2. Doubt and perplexity 3. Attachment to rites and rituals 4. Desire 5. Ill will 6. Subjectivity and form 7. Perceiving and somethingness 8. The notion “I Am” or “I Exist” 9. Restlessness and compensation 10. Not knowing
1. Self- view
2. Doubt and perplexity
3. Attachment to rites and rituals
5. Ill will
6. Subjectivity and form
7. Perceiving and somethingness
8. The notion “I Am” or “I Exist”
9. Restlessness and compensation
10. Not knowing